Forrester Sees 2014 As An Intelligent, Wearable & Highly Fragmented Year
The internet is a buzz with predictions for next year as we get ready to say goodbye to 2013. Among the crystal-ball gazing is a list of six computing meta-trends from independent tech and market research company Forrester.
Forrester’s computing trends are in context to what they call “The Age of the Consumer”, a period where being customer-oriented is key to gaining marketshare.
We’ve summarized the six meta-trends here but highly suggest you head on over to the original post written by Forrester VP JP Grownder on the Forrester blog.
- Customers will no longer accept brand experiences that do not have contextual experiences available on any device they are using including mobile and tablets.
- Operating systems will continue to be as fragmented as 2013 but despite companies vying for consumer stickiness, users won’t be loyal.
- We will see many wearables reach their commercial release next year along with some big players entering the market.
- Digital assistants like Google Now and Siri become more useable and more useful and start to change how we interact with devices
- Gesture-control will become the new use case for computing with the proliferation of many hardware options and applications from developers.
- 2014 is the year when we will start to walk into a store and it will know you and customize your shopping experience to make it more relevant (Channel).
190 Notes/ Hide
- narez1483 likes this
- tvdparis75013 likes this
- fredliu likes this
- spice-melange likes this
- intrepidroamer likes this
- oceannomad89 likes this
- ehugs likes this
- scottsage likes this
- trevorloy reblogged this from emergentfutures
- azsasmile likes this
- cyb3rry likes this
- creepside reblogged this from designersofthings
- teiohthedark likes this
- conceptblend reblogged this from designersofthings and added:
- minty-pity-kitty likes this
- lumastar likes this
- ryvns likes this
- twistedheathen likes this
- twistedheathen reblogged this from designersofthings
- cashlessgeneration likes this
- roncasalotti reblogged this from futuramb
- storiesndtales reblogged this from designersofthings
- redbull333 reblogged this from designersofthings
- jcahill reblogged this from designersofthings
- corruptmontreal likes this
- stalinsulbaran likes this
- stalinsulbaran reblogged this from techspotlight
- ad3228 likes this
- matthewsolari likes this
- ironsloth1993 reblogged this from emergentfutures
- dope2day likes this
- pcatthawaii reblogged this from emergentfutures
- meantimebetweenfailure likes this
- chrisbulin reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- chrisbulin likes this
- virtualrecordings likes this
- twinner54 likes this
- starletbeam reblogged this from emergentfutures
- thephynster likes this
- hkmencounter reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- hkmencounter likes this
- enhatch reblogged this from designersofthings and added:
- ashsaint reblogged this from emergentfutures
- gigidowns reblogged this from futuramb
- tech-bradct reblogged this from emergentfutures
- miaowl likes this
- jluu likes this
- albertoruch likes this
- thewaronstory reblogged this from emergentfutures
- thewaronstory likes this