The core purpose — the founding purpose — of a library, around which other things have grown, is to deliver access to printed words. Even the smallest local library almost certainly had more content housed within it than any individual had in their home and, in most cases, far more content than would be available at any local store. It was the books in the library that initially defined the library and attracted a core of patrons to it. When all of us have access to more books on our screens than are in the library, what’s the point to the library?
- freetranslatesoftware likes this
- lathem147 likes this
- adhocratic reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- garycorbett likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from futuramb
- basileiablog reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- futuramb reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- This was featured in #Tech
- salesguard likes this
- infoneer-pulse posted this
P A Martin Börjesson
To be able to see the future emerge we have to throw a wide net to catch the weak signals. In this tumble I collect things I find valuable for my work as scenario planner, strategist and futurist - for more info about me go to www.futuramb.se.
Ask me about my posts
Stuff I like
See more stuff I like